Jessica's and David's Wedding Blog

A diary of the events and thoughts leading up to the holy matrimony of two very happy people. Be sure to stop by often as we add more entries for past events.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Our wedding week trauma

I knew something unexpected and traumatic would happen this week. I just didn't think it would be in my mouth.

All weekend, I'd felt pain in the mouth, particularly in my wisdom teeth. I kept hoping it'd just go away, but it didn't. Jessica finally reminded me what I already knew Sunday night: I'd better see a dentist here, lest I have to find one when we're in Jamaica on the honeymoon.

I found a dentist who'd see me on short notice. After X-raying my mouth, the dentist reminded me a guy my age shouldn't have all four of his wisdom teeth anymore. Then he told me it seemed pretty obvious the wisdom tooth on the upper right side probably compacted the other teeth and caused all other types of unspeakable pain.

Then he shocked me with his offer. He said he could extract it, right then and there. And, much to my own surprise, I told him to go ahead and do it. And, shockingly enough, I was back to work within an hour of leaving the office.

Hopefully the pain will disappear altogether by Saturday. It hurts, but I'll be the first to admit it's a different pain than what I went in there for. But if it's what it'll take to make me smile sweetly on our special day, it'll be worth the pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home